"The Ultimate Guide to Cruising from Vancouver in 2023"
In this text we will be providing information for those who are planning to cruise from Vancouver, Canada.
1. Vancouver Cruise Terminal is located in downtown Vancouver. Depending on your hotel location, you can easily walk to the cruise terminal. Vancouver Cruise Terminal is one of the best cruise terminals in the world, due to its efficient operation and great location. In case you have a lot of luggage or are traveling with kids or seniors, you may find a transfer service more convenient. We can pick you up at your hotel, go on a short motorized tour (while telling more about Vancouver in case you are going to stay here for a couple of days after your cruise), and then, drop you off inside the cruise terminal.
2. Don't arrive too early for your trip! This is something that we always tell our customers. Do not arrive too early because you will not be able to embark. The ship you will travel on docks in the early morning and they must let the passengers disembark before cleaning the ship and accepting you. You want clean sheets in your cabin, correct? :). So, please plan to arrive around noon (unless your cruise company sent other specific instructions). That's why we recommend you take breakfast and instead of seating at your hotel room or hotel lobby, take a tour with us. In two hours we can show you many attractions and you will embark with great pictures of Vancouver!
3. There are several itens that are forbidden to embark. All suitcases and carry-on luggage go through X-ray machines and prohibited itens will be confiscated. Your cruise line has the complete list of itens that you can carry (some cruise lines will allow you to carry 2 bottles of wine or champagne, other cruise lines don't allow any bottle containing alcoholic beverages, other cruise lines will retain your alcoholic beverages and will return them to you by the end of the cruise, and others will not do that and your bottles will be disposed at the time you go though security). Please pay a lot of attention to this, as it can delay your embark and cause frustrations during such a memorable moment!
4. Have your carry-on with all documents and medications that you might need. Your checked luggage will go on separated ways and, depending on the cruise line, it will take some hours until you meet your suitcase again. So, it's better to have essentials like a change of clothes, swimwear, sunscreen, camera and any important documents (passport, boarding pass, etc.) in case your luggage is delayed.
5. Pack smart: Be sure to bring comfortable clothing and shoes. Check the cruise line's website for any specific dress code requirements, such as formal night attire.
6. Research your ports of call: Take some time to research the ports of call you'll be visiting on your cruise. Look into local attractions, restaurants, and activities to make the most of your time in each location. You can also book shore excursions through the cruise line or private tour companies for a more personalized experience.
7. Attend onboard events: Cruise ships offer a variety of onboard activities and events, from live shows and musical performances to trivia nights and cooking classes. Check the ship's daily schedule and attend as many events as you can to make the most of your time onboard.
8. Practice good hygiene: Cruise ships can be a breeding ground for germs, so it's important to practice good hygiene. Wash your hands frequently, especially before eating or touching your face, and use hand sanitizer when hand washing isn't possible. Avoid sharing food or drinks with others and cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
9. Relax and have fun: Finally, remember to relax and have fun! Cruises offer a unique opportunity to disconnect from the world and enjoy some well-deserved downtime. Take advantage of the ship's amenities, such as the pool, spa, and fitness center, and enjoy the company of your fellow passengers.
10. In case you disembark in Vancouver and have a few hours to kill before flying, don't waste your time seating at a Cafe or seating at the airport! We can pick you up inside the Cruise Terminal and drop you off at YVR (Vancouver International Airport).
Before or after a cruise, it will be a pleasure to take you and your family for a motorized private sightseeing tour of Vancouver! If you want more ideas about sightseeing tours of Vancouver, have a look on these two blog posts: "Enhance Your Cruise Vacation" and "Express Tour of Vancouver"
Don't hesitate to get in touch with us with your cruise dates, number of people in your group and other details that you might find relevant, and we will return with you our best rates!
Thank you and safe travels!